My name’s Holly, I’m 31 and live in Brighton with my boyfriend and our cat. I work as a Medical Secretary and in my spare time I love watching tutorial videos, hanging out with my friends, sewing and shopping!
1. When did you begin blogging?
About a month ago, I’m still really new to this, but I love it.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
It was the name my Xbox suggested for me when I joined Xbox live.
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
Everyone’s tutorials seem really perfect and they always get their lines, smudges, blending etc. absolutely perfect. I wanted something for real beginners to show it’s about practising; you’re not going to get it looking perfect first time! I also wanted somewhere I could share my house renovation because I think it’s an exciting project.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
Everyone is so friendly and it’s a lovely community to be a part of. People have said some lovely things and it’s inspired me to keep writing!
5. What are your must read blogs?
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I want to connect with people from all over the world and get new tips and ideas on home décor, make-up and house renovation.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
If you’re writing a blog to make money, you may as well not bother signing up. Write because you love to write and because you have a story to share or something different to teach people.
8. What keeps you blogging?
All the lovely comments and likes and because it’s therapeutic 🙂
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
Eye of the Tiger – Survivor, it was Google’s free song of the day!
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
If I could invite deceased people, it would have to be Heath Ledger!! Otherwise, Richard E Grant, Adam Hills (the comedian) and Greg Wallace from Masterchef.
11. Favourite colour?
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching competition shows like the Great British Bake Off and Masterchef.
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…To be married with a child by the time I’m 40!
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d like to mention you haven’t already?
Thanks for taking the time to read through my answers 🙂
Thank you Holly. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 thoughts on “Meet the Blogger – Holly”
Yay a new blog to read, I’ve not stumbled on holly so blog yet, but heading over there now 🙂 x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Enjoy Rachael x