Hello there! I’m Jodi, the not-so-evil mastermind behind Montreal based beauty blog A Brash Attitude. My beauty and skincare blog has a special focus on cruelty-free brands and sensitive skin issues. When I’m not testing, photographing or writing about products for my blog, I can often be found with my nose in a book, binge-watching Netflix, or experimenting in the kitchen.
1. When did you begin blogging?
I started blogging in late March 2015.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
To have a brash attitude is to be assertive, confident, bold, audacious and daring. It can also be used to describe someone who is abrasive and in-your-face. I think that a lot of the time when a woman is assertive, confident, bold, audacious and daring, the term BRASH is used as if it is a negative thing. In my opinion, being brash is being awesomely yourself. It just kind of went from there…
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
Three main things have inspired me:
- My dear friend Daena has a beauty blog (http://brightlycoloredperson.wordpress.com), and we were always talking about various products and comparing notes, so I figured why not?
- In recent years I’ve made the switch to trying to only purchase cruelty-free products, and I wanted to help show people that there are a lot of awesome cruelty-free options out there if you do your homework, so why not share the knowledge.
- I have extremely sensitive skin and figured that my experiences in skincare might help other people with similar problems to find skincare and make-up products that might work for them.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
Definitely the interaction, encouragement and support from fellow bloggers. ❤
5. What are your must read blogs?
And everyone that I’ve followed here so far (I read you all daily <3)
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I don’t have a set goal in mind to achieve. I’d like to continue growing and working on my blog for as long as I enjoy doing so.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
The more you read and write, the more your writing will improve. Be yourself and don’t take haters seriously. Practise taking and editing photos. You don’t need professional gear starting out. I just mostly use my iPhone5 and olloclip 4-in-1 lens, natural light, and use Pic Monkey for edits.
8. What keeps you blogging?
I must say that it is the interaction, encouragement and support of the blogging community that makes it worthwhile. ❤
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
Florence + The Machine – How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Only three? But my dining room table seats eight comfortably, and I can always squeeze a few more in! But if I’m limited to three, then I will pick Betsey Johnson, Cyndi Lauper and Debbie Harry. I bet that they all have amazing stories.
11. Favourite colour?
I love purple, cobalt blue, hot pink, emerald green, black, red and silver. And some other ones…
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Binge watching Netflix, and reading supernatural fiction (vampires, werewolves and fairies, oh my!)
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…that there was a cure for cancer, it takes too many people each year.
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d like to mention you haven’t already?
A huge thanks to Chanelle for giving me the opportunity to be one of her Meet the Bloggers! ❤ ❤ ❤
Thank you Jodi. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact email@example.com.