Well hello there! I can’t believe it’s been two weeks already! As promised I’m returning with my July Favourites. Most of these products were mentioned in my Weekend Haulin’ post so go and check that out if you haven’t already. July has been a month full of highs and lows (which you will hear about in future posts) and all about lip products. Lips are my favourite part of my makeup routine so I’ve included some new products I purchased as well as an old faithful. I also may
or may not have purchased four of the Revlon lip butters on eBay last week… but more about those when they arrive!
Onto this month’s favourites:
1. Lili Price White Geometry Chaos Phone Case – I found this phone case after seeing Lily Pebbles post an image to Instagram of hers. I was really intrigued by the design and immediately fell in love with it! I liked the case more than any of the others I’d seen and because it’s black and white it goes with anything. The case itself is made of plastic but feels protective and sturdy. The great thing about Lili’s cases is that they’re available for a range of phones so even if you have an older model you might still be able to buy one of her cases. I was really impressed with the service I received, I didn’t pay much for postage at all and I received the case within a week! A+
2. Nivea Pearly Shine Lip Balm – I have used this product for over two years and it is one of my holy grail makeup items. If I want something that goes with everything or need a bit more moisture this is what I turn to. As the name suggests it leaves a lovely light pink shimmer on the lips and is really moisturising. It doesn’t cling to dry patches and wears well throughout the day. If I wear this to work I don’t need to reapply, which for a balm, is good going.
3. Britney Spears – Radiance – This perfume is definitely my favourite out of the ones I own and I have been reaching for it just about every day this month. The smell is just incredible and something about it seems to exude warmth. Radiance contains top notes of wild berries and soft, dewy petals, mixed with tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom and iris. Also, let’s take a moment to appreciate how beautiful the bottle is!
4. The Body Shop Strawberry Lip Butter – While I’ve only used this gem a handful of times, I have been impressed when I’ve worn it. The strawberry smell from this little pot is delicious and I’m pleased to report it sticks around when on the lips. I can see this being one of those ‘chuck it in your handbag’ type products, perfect if you’re on the go and your lips need a pick me up.
5. MAC Patisserie – I think it was pretty obvious this was going to make it into my July Favourites. I did tell you this month was all about lip products! Patisserie is such a flattering shade for me and my skin tone and is a little different to what I’d normally go for but I like it. The hint of terracotta/brown is lovely and adds warmth while still looking natural. The lipstick has little flecks of glitter in the bullet but they’re very subtle once on the lips. If you’re a fan of nude lips I’m sure you’d love Patisserie! Let me know if you’d like a full review of this lipstick!
6. kikki.K A5 Journal – I bought this journal with the intention of writing in it every day even if it’s a sentence or a few lines. I’m proud to say I have kept to this promise and I feel like expressing my feelings has been beneficial. I haven’t had as many worries on my mind before bed and I feel like I can let go if something’s been building up throughout the day. I love the freedom this journal brings with it, I can use it for whatever I like and in a few years I’ll be able to look back and reflect. The leather and elastic binding help keep everything together so if you insert notes or pictures they won’t get lost.
That’s all for this month, be sure to let me know what you’ve been loving! ❤