Fun fact: me and my boyfriend met online (he’s from Manchester) and will have been together two years in August.
I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies, but my blog, Beautiful Breakable, is my main hobby and of course experimenting with beauty and makeup products – but I also love hanging out with family, friends, going to the cinema and shopping. Gotta love a bit of shopping!!
1. When did you begin blogging?
I have had my blog for over a year now, but I actually started blogging properly and consistently about 6 months ago – so the start of this year.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
I have a tattoo which says “we are beautiful, breakable” (song lyrics) and it has a special meaning to me so I thought I’d choose that instead of just using my name.
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
I was inspired by other beauty bloggers and YouTubers. I had always thoroughly enjoyed reading blogs and have always had an interest in makeup/beauty so I thought “I could do a blog!”… so I did!
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
I love how welcoming the beauty blogger community is and my blog allows me to chat to new people and share beauty/makeup tips. Getting to speak to people with the same/similar interests as me is by far one of my favourite things about running my blog.
5. What are your must read blogs?
- Katie from Plus+ Beauty
- I always read my twin sister’s blog – Makeup By Nat
- Maria from Cat Eyes Red Lips
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I want to just continue to achieve what I already am – creating content I enjoy writing/making and content which people enjoy reading. I’m so grateful for everyone who reads my blog, I would just be over the moon if even one person continued to read my blog.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
I would say just be yourself and don’t try to copy – try to come up with new-ish ideas and just have fun with it.
8. What keeps you blogging?
I keep blogging because I love it. I just love writing about makeup/beauty, creating looks and sharing my tips and fave products.
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
I think it was probably Avril Lavigne, I was obsessed with her when I was younger.
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini, Matt Cardle and Gordon Ramsay.
11. Favourite colour?
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Gordon Ramsay or chocolate. Or both.
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…I was married to Johnny Depp. Who doesn’t? 😉
14. Where else can readers find you online?
Thank you Jess. If anyone else would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.