I woke up this morning to see I had been nominated for the ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award’. I am always incredibly grateful to be nominated for any award and it gives me a warm feeling inside to know people out there enjoy reading my blog. Thank you to the gorgeous Carys from Cariad Carys for the nomination, make sure you check out her blog!
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. Put the award logo on your blog. Answer the ten questions sent to you. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. Nominate seven blogs.
1. What is your earliest memory?
I remember I was about 3 years old and my dad gave me a bright pink and white bicycle. It had training wheels on it and I was so excited I used to ride it through the house. Ironically, I never taught myself how to ride a bike without training wheels but I love using the Exercycle to exercise everyday.
2. You are given £1000 (or relevant currency) and told that you must spend it within 24 hours or the remainder will be taken back. What do you do with the cash?!
This is a tough one! I don’t know if I could spend that much in one day and I’m pretty frugal with my money so I always try and find a bargain wherever I can.
I’d have to really indulge myself but I think I’d like to share the money. I’d invite some friends to have a spa day then go shopping and have a nice dinner out before a gig in the evening.
3. What first attracted you to the world of blogging?
Being able to voice my thoughts and opinions and the fact that it looked like a lot of fun. Also, the idea of helping someone. If a product gets a bad review I’ll know to steer clear of it.
4. Given the nature of this award, what does the word ‘sisterhood’ mean to you?
‘Sisterhood’ to me means togetherness – we look after and encourage one another. The amount of kindness and support I’ve witnessed within the blogging community is unreal!
5. Would you rather have a seven tier pizza or a seven tier chocolate cake?
A seven tier pizza. I’m more a savoury person than a sweet, and I could always have a desert tier!
6. What moment in your life changed you as a person?
Looking back now I guess when my dad left that changed me. I had to learn to be more independent growing up and I didn’t let that define me. I have so much respect for my mum because she did an amazing job bringing my brother and I up.
7. What are your top tips for relaxation for on-the-go women who might read this?
- Find something you are passionate about and makes you so happy you can’t even describe how good it feels. (For me, it’s singing)
- Make time everyday to do something for yourself and that you will enjoy: a relaxing bath, an extra 5 minutes in bed, a glass of wine etc.
8. Do you have any unusual guilty pleasures?
I don’t think so. I used to be embarrassed to admit I was a Westlife fan but not anymore. Shane Filan owns my fangirl heart ❤
9. Where would you visit if you had the opportunity?
Easy – England!!! It’s my dream to live there one day.
10. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully living in England, making music, surrounded by beautiful people. I’d also like to have someone special to share my life with, whether it be husband or boyfriend. (Soppy I know!)
- Does your name have a meaning behind it?
- What perfume do you wear?
- When it comes to jewelry do you prefer silver or gold? Why?
- Name three things about yourself that you love and why.
- Have you ever won a contest?
- What animal would you say you are most similar to?
- Given the nature of this award, what does the word ‘sisterhood’ mean to you? (Had to include this question, hope you don’t mind Carys)
- How do you spend your alone time?
- Top beauty tip?
- What’s your favourite season of the year?
I loved writing this post and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone else’s answers!