Hi everyone! As I’m sure most of you know by now I’m your author, Chanelle. I thought I’d do the first post of this new section about me so you can see what it’s all about. Currently I am unemployed and looking for a job which is one of the reasons I started this blog. My dream profession would definitely be something to do with the music industry, whether it be singing or work behind the scenes. When I’m not blogging you will most likely find me singing, playing with my cat or thinking about blogging.
1. When did you begin blogging?
I began blogging in the second half of 2013. Last year I was studying a Diploma in Communications (Applied) and was required to make a blog for one of my courses. My current blog isn’t the same one I created last year but I really enjoyed using WordPress and blogging.
2. How did you decide on a name for your blog?
Coming up with a name is one of the hardest things. Ultimately you’re promoting yourself as a brand and I wanted it to be personal and relate to me. Chanelle and Hayley are my first names so you can’t get much more personal than that.
3. What inspired you to start your blog?
As stated in the introduction one of the main reasons is to keep my mind occupied while looking for employment. I like the idea of getting my thoughts out there and reading what everyone else thinks. We are all individuals and can learn from each other. I like to constantly be inspired, whether it be by different people, things around me or the place I’m in.
4. What is your favourite thing about running a blog?
It’s lovely to see bloggers of all walks of life interacting with each other and the amount of support in the blogging community. The point of this section on my blog is to do my bit to further encourage and support my fellow bloggers.
5. What are your must read blogs?
There isn’t one single blog I visit everyday. I do however go through my reader numerous times a day so I do see (somewhat) all the posts by the users I follow. I’m always looking for new blogs to follow and read!
6. What do you want to achieve with your blog?
I want to inspire and help other people in any way I can. If I can do that by explaining how to do something or passing on some of my knowledge, that’s great. The only way to get better at writing is to keep at it so I guess you could also say I want to develop my writing skills.
7. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Tips, pointers etc.
- Always take time to reply to comments, even if it’s a simple ‘thank you’.
- Blog about your interests rather than following trends, your passion will shine through much more.
8. What keeps you blogging?
Having only been blogging properly for the last four months I think I’m still in the finding my feet, everything’s exciting and new(ish) phase. I haven’t run out of post ideas yet either so that’s a bonus!
Quick fire questions:
9. What was the last song you downloaded or bought?
Da Buzz – The Moment I Found You
10. If you could invite any three celebrity guests or famous people to a dinner party, who would they be?
Lisa Scott-Lee, Shane Filan and Kylie Minogue – my three biggest idols.
11. Favourite colour?
Pink. I know, typical girl!
12. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Westlife. I’ve been a fan since I was a little girl, but in high school it wasn’t ‘cool’ to like them. These days I’m much more open about it.
13. Finish this sentence. I wish…
…I could move to The UK to fulfill my dream of becoming a singer.
14. Where else can readers find you online?
15. Lastly, is there anything extra you’d to like mention you haven’t already?
I hope this has given you a better idea what ‘Meet the Blogger’ will be all about and you enjoyed reading my answers.
If you would like to be featured on Chanelle Hayley in the ‘Meet the Blogger’ section, please contact email@example.com.